What do you do when you really want to watch top chef but you’re on the move? Or when you can’t wait to catch up on the latest episode of Grey’s Anatomy but your boss doesn’t leave you early? You turn to stream services. Although you’re under no compulsion to choose only one such service, it can often be quite a long row to hoe if you’re on a budget.
In this article, I’ll tell you everything you need to know about Hulu and other advanced Version Hulu Plus to understand whether it fits your needs. You get to enjoy the original series and 4k Movies on Hulu.
What is Hulu & Hulu TV?
Hulu is an affordable, sought-after on-demand video service owned by three eminent TV networks and caters only to the American audience. It was founded in 2007 with the objective of allowing users to watch their favorite TV shows for free using a PC. However, you’ll now have to purchase one of their plans to get access to their content. Hulu currently boasts of 12 million subscribers that would only grow in the coming years. As of now, It does not offer live TV programming but they have every intention of doing so in the near future so get ready to cut your cable cord.
Here’s An Interesting Fact Regarding The Etymon of “Hulu” –
The name “Hulu” is inspired from two homograph Mandarin words which mean “bottle gourd” and “interactive recording” respectively. The company reveals that both these meanings are in sync with the venture mission. In olden days, Hulu, or the gourd, was hollowed out in order to hold items of great value. And isn’t that what Hulu does today? It contains all your favorite shows on one single platform!
Hulu Plans And Pricing
Earlier, Hulu had two different versions – a free version that enabled consumers to watch a smidgen of limited content and a paid, more advanced version called Hulu Plus that provided access to all popular TV shows and other international TV series.
Hulu’s base plan is priced at $7.99 month which is quite reasonable. But there is a fly in the ointment. While this plan lets you watch all the content, it’s certainly not free of those 30-second, annoying commercials. However, by paying just $4 more, you can upgrade to their ad-free plan which enhances your viewing experience by tenfold. At $11.99, you can watch all the content uninterrupted on multiple devices.
Hulu also offers an add-on channel called Showtime. You could add this to either of the plans at an extra cost of $8.99 per month. Showtime gives you access to the latest shows including Dexter, Shameless, etc. just one day post their official airing. You are allowed to switch plans anytime you wish. Furthermore, both the plans enable you to watch content in HD quality.
Why Should You Choose Hulu?
It has a tie-up with many TV networks with more than 700 million hours of content. Isn’t that amazing? Let’s look at some of Hulu’s key features:
- Hulu is much cheaper compared to cable networks. Hulu’s premium plan costs $11.99 a month while cable TV can burn a hole in your pocket since it costs roughly over $100 a month, depending upon the package you choose.
- Hulu started offering 4k streaming in December last year. As of now, you can watch Hulu’s original shows and James Bond movies in 4K.
- Hulu has gained ground against competitors like Netflix and Amazon prime video with respect to producing its own shows.
- With Hulu, you have the flexibility of streaming TV shows on multiple devices whenever, and wherever you want.
- New subscribers get a 7-days free trial to experience their services without shelling out any money. Plus, you can cancel your subscription at any point.
- Hulu’s biggest selling point is that it adds shows/episodes just a day after it’s been aired. Other streaming services take up to months or even a year (until the next season has been aired), to add new shows to their sites.
Content Available On Hulu
Hulu has several TV networks on board including FOX, ABC, Nickelodeon, Lifetime, National Geographic, NBC, and much more. This means that you get to enjoy a wide variety of genres. Hulu’s original Network include must-watch series like Difficult People, Casual, 11.22.63, and the Path. It also has shows for kids and has recently added many Anime series to the list.
Devices Can Be Used To Stream Content
Once you’ve set up your account, you can watch its content on the following devices as long as you have an Internet connection:
- Gaming consoles including Sony’s Play station, Wii and Xbox one.
- Desktops and laptops (compatible with both, Mac OS and Windows)
- Streaming players such as Roku TV, Amazon Fire TV, Chromecast, and Apple TV.
- Handhelds across all platforms including iOS and Android.
- Smart TVs
Download Hulu App for Android And iOS
Hulu has an app ready for Android and iOS Device. All you just need to do is Check these Below Links and Download for your platform. So is it worth subscribing to? The answer is yes, without a doubt!